Monday 28 October 2013

AUTUMN DAYS, BAKING DAYS

The weather in Holland is changing lately. Autumn is here. Although I love nature in this particular season, the rain, wind and cold are less loved. This weekend, I noticed how my need to go out disappeared. This weather calls for a blanket, cup of tea and a list of good movies. Another activity that's great for these types of weather, is baking. As you might have noticed, it has been a while since my last post, so I decided to get my lazy ass into the kitchen this weekend. I made  banana bread,  a recipe I personally love because it's easy and great for different moments such as birthdays, work breaks and even breakfast. I tried another thing to go with this recipe, 'peanut butter frosting'. Hope you like it!



                   mixture
                   250 g (spelt)flour
                   1 tbsp cinnamon
                   1 tsp baking soda
                   80 g butter
                   1 egg
                   300 g bananas
                   2 tbsp honey (or other sweetener)

                   mix everything together with a wooden spoon (no mixer needed).                              Bake for 1 hour (175 degrees).


                   frosting
                   4 tbsp peanut butter
                   1 tbsp milk or greek yoghurt

                

No comments:

Post a Comment