Saturday 5 October 2013

HOMEMADE

It's weekend! I almost forgot that I signed up for an Italian cooking course with my mom. After a long day at work , we started cooking with a group of 13 people. The hosts were Italian, and it felt like coming home to hear Italian again. Actually, I felt like I never left Italy, as we were cooking a six course dinner and started eating around 9.30. A big difference between Italian and Dutch people is that Dutch people are full after course 2 while Italians start to feel hungry by then ;). 

I had to prepare the dessert, my favourite part of dinner ;). We used Italian recipes that are in their family for a long time. Mine was the 'pear cake with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice-cream'. The studio is a farm close to the city, so we used fresh and homemade ingredients. 

Here are some pictures of the dishes, ingredients and the location - and of course the recipe for the pear cake. 

mixture: (spelt) flour - butter - sugar (or honey) - baking powder - egg 
layer 1: mixture 
layer 2: home made pear jam
layer 3: sliced pears (5)
layer 4: chocolate sauce (optional)













No comments:

Post a Comment