Sunday 7 July 2013

INTRODUCING THE BLOND COOK


One of the reasons I started this blog, is because I am a big fan of food, styling and especially the combo. The thing I have to tell you will be a little weird after reading the first sentence. I don’t like to cook. Correction, I don’t like to cook dinner.
Two things I do love to prepare are breakfasts & baking-goods. Breakfast for mother’s day, a cake for a celebration or muffins on a rainy Sunday morning. There is always a reason for the two B’s (breakfast and baking) if you ask me!

During my styling course at Artemis Styling Academy, I couldn’t find any time to practice my styling and photography skills, because I was so busy with the regular assignments. After two difficult and stressful years, I graduated last week. What a relief! A logical thing to do would be to lie on the couch watching movies all day, but I decided I want to go back to Italy, where I’ve lived two years ago. The main reason to trade my hometown for two months is to learn the language. I think Italian is the most beautiful language there is, and my wish and goal is to learn this language and to get to know the culture and people. Furthermore, I came up with the idea to combine my passion for styling with cooking food using an Italian cookbook. In this way, I will learn Italian words and improve my styling skills. Talking about multi tasking ;).
From July on, I will post an Italian recipe as often as possible.

In Holland we have the saying ‘a good start is half the work’, so I started with the first Italian recipe while I’m still in the Netherlands. There is a saying: Non si vive di solo pane.” “One does not live by bread alone”, and I think they are totally right. A good ‘excuse’ to prepare an Italian delight. A classical Tiramisu, 'my way'.

egg yolks - sugar - vanilla sugar -  mascarpone -  espresso - lady fingers - cacao



No comments:

Post a Comment